Kezia Dugdale MSP (Lothian Region) is looking for an enthusiastic and highly organised individual to join her team as a Caseworker.
This is a part time position based in the Scottish Parliament.
Hours: 21 hours per week (based on 35 hours FTE) – Monday, Friday and one other day.
Salary: £24,700 pro rata
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dealing politely with enquiries from the general public;
- Attend any meetings with Ms Dugdale that arise out of casework;
- Progressing and managing constituent casework ensuring all enquiries are answered within an agreed timescale;
- Maintaining the office filing system;
- Drafting responses to campaign e-mails from constituents.
- Attending surgeries with Ms Dugdale throughout the Lothian Region.
- Assisting with various office duties as directed.
- Ability to give appropriate attention to detailed casework;
- Highly motivated to help constituents with their queries;
- Knowledge of important local and regional issues;
- Ability to prioritise workload;
- Patience and professionalism when dealing with members of the public, with experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Ability to work as a team and confidence to work on your own;
- Excellent IT skills, with demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Closing Date: 12 noon, Friday 10th March 2017.
Interviews are likely to be Wednesday 15th or Thursday 16th March 2017 in the Scottish Parliament.
To apply, send a copy of your CV, along with a covering statement of no more than one page demonstrating how you meet the requirements set out above to:
Garreth Lodge, M1.07, The Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh, EH99 1SP or by email to [email protected]