Looking for an internship?
Wednesday, August 24th, 2011 @ 7:49AM
Co-operative Research Assistant to Kezia Dugdale MSP
Job Role & Responsibilities
This role involves:
- Providing administrative support to Coop Party MSP group meetings
- Working with Coop MSPs to promote Co-operative ideals in Parliament
- Conducting research, drafting motions and PQs in line with Co-op group priorities.
- Helping to facilitate and organise Co-op MSP sponsored events in Parliament.
- Undertaking other duties in line with the workings of an MSP’s Parliamentary office.
Successful applicants would:
- Demonstrate an active interest in Co-operative principles
- Possess a basic knowledge of the Scottish Parliament and it’s powers
- Seek to develop their administrative, research and analytical skills.
This post will be based in Kezia Dugdale’s Parliamentary office.
It will constitute 8 hours a week for a fixed period of 12 weeks at a rate of £7.20 an hour, the current Scottish Living wage.
The internship can undertaken over one whole day, or two half days – but it must cover a Wednesday, at least in part.
Please send a short CV and covering note to [email protected] by 5pm Friday 2nd September, interviews will take place on Tuesday 6th September